Saturday, December 22, 2007

Good week for DVDs

Funny that two of the three movies I saw in theatres this year came out on DVD the same day. Funnier still that I actually purchased both; I'm becoming cheap in my old age, although lack of shelf space has become a bigger factor in movie purchasing, I suppose.

Wal-mart has two-packs of the Simpsons Movie: you get some plastic figures or a t-shirt. I went with the shirt, which was wadded/folded/vacuumed into a doughnut-sized circle. I had a lot of fun peeling it open. My DVD was defective though- wouldn't play in either player in the house. I took it back at 6:00 this morning to exchange it. Couldn't stomach the thought of a trip to Wal-mart during the day time, three days before Christmas.

I also picked up Stardust. I liked the movie just fine, although it's nowhere near as good as the book.

No comments: