Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas tags

1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


1. Wrapping or gift bags? I prefer the traditional gift enclosure of wrapping paper.

2. Real or artificial tree? Artificial. I'm no Ed Begley, but I hate to kill a tree for a few weeks worth of amusement. Real trees do smell nice though; maybe I should hang a pine-scented car freshener in my plastic tree?

3. When do you put up the tree? When I get around to it, although you MUST wait until after Thanksgiving, dammit! (It went up Monday night, for the record).

4. When do you take the tree down? When I get around to it.

5. Do you like eggnog? I love eggnog. I'll drink it until I'm sick. (I just finished a glass of it, as a matter of fact.)

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Atari 2600 with the faux wood grain finish on the console. Got Pacman and Asteroids that Christmas too.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't really think of anything.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I like being jacked up by the government and their ever-increasing postal rates.

10. Favorite Christmas movie? The Holy Trinity of Christmas movies: A Christmas Story, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and White Christmas.

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually right before the last minute, although I've gotten better about buying things throughout the year.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Food.

13. Clear lights or colored? I like both. The wife likes clear, so guess which is on the tree.

14. Favorite Christmas song? Santa Claus Is Back In Town, by Elvis.

15. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Stay at home.

16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Rudolph, Blitzen, Donner, Prancer, Larry, Moe, Sam, and Engelbert?

17. Angel or star on the top of your tree? Star. Has to be a star.

18. Open your presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Both.

19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The fact that people can't be nice and helpful any other time of the year.

20. What do you leave for Santa?
Beer and pretzels.

21. Least favorite holiday song? I'm not much for Away In A Manger.

22. Do you decorate your tree with any specific theme or color? Not unless "willy-nilly" is a specific theme.

23. Favorite ornament? A plastic Snoopy ornament that's about as old as I am.

The tagging of the seven to follow shortly.

2 comments:

Tommy said...

DAmn. That's an old ornament.

Much older than me.

Anonymous said...

Bet my star is prettier.